A new entry describing the Bitcoin message service got integrated with the bitcoin wiki page:
The service is registered in Services category in the wiki.
Another message already present on your disk inside the block chain:
Why not checking it now?
You can read it offline using (slightly modified) bitcoin-tools (patch included):
$ bitcoind stop
$ mkdir -p /tmp/bitcoin-block-snapshot
$ cp ~/.bitcoin/blk* /tmp/bitcoin-block-snapshot
$ wget http://btcmsg.staticloud.com/msgdump.tgz
$ tar xfz msgdump.tgz
$ cd btcmsg-tools
$ python msgdump.py –datadir=/tmp/bitcoin-block-snapshot –transaction=72e78a410caf245e18ec9ee04d2e478c1e68f5eb8503d34ff69589a07aaa3cd1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth
was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and
the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
And God said, “Let there be light”.
Take care: the arguments in the above command contain “minus minus”, so if you copy and paste, correct the “–“.
Or using the web client:
1. Copy everything from http://blockexplorer.com/rawtx/72e78a410caf245e18ec9ee04d2e478c1e68f5eb8503d34ff69589a07aaa3cd1
2. Paste it in http://btcmsg.staticloud.com/#Browse
And you will see the message!
Write your message as well🙂
at your service.
There are great news today!
Now you can write your message into the bitcoin block chain.
It will stay there forever with a proved timestamp.
Reading such bitcoin messages can be done online or offline.
- Write your message.
- Click the “send email” button that creates a request. Send this request.
- Pay the _exact_ amount of BTC to the given account.
Your message will be part of the block-chain within few blocks, which means instantly thousands of copies all around the globe forever.
- No registration required.
- Totally anonymous if wanted.
- Open protocol and basic python tools are included.
- Offline option.
- Client is signed to verify authenticity.
Basic technical details:
The service for writing new messages requires the availability of an appropriate server, but the already processed messages are accessible forever, and some are already present on your copy of the block chain.
In order to write a new message, the clients create an email request which the server then processes.
The server is a special customised bitcoin setup behind tor.
- FAQ inside the client
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/btcmsg
- Blog: https://btcmsg.wordpress.com
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47283
Be one of the first to place a message within the block-chain and touch the eternity now! Be responsible for your messages and think twice before you write them, so you don’t regret later. They cannot be deleted! Recall that your grandchildren will be able to see these messages …
The service is still in Beta, please check twitter for downtime announcements.
at your service.